Tuesday, February 7, 2012

2/8/2012 (TOS Chapter 6)

For this post we are to do exercises 6.4, 6.5, 6.6, and 6.7 from chapter 6 of "Teaching Open Source".


6.4:
The oldest bug I could find was #5231 (DVD Player: Certain AVI-files play too slow/fast after seeking forward/backward).  This ticket was first created 3 years ago and is still an unresolved problem (it was last modified 3 weeks ago).  The bug here doesn't seem to be occurring on a consistent basis, which is a problem when debugging software and is probably the reason why this one hasn't been fixed yet.  I can't think of a solution to this bug.  No bonus points for this chica. (Insert Debbie Downer sound clip here).


6.5:
This is something that I had already done before the assignment because you have to have an account to get into the forums.  Can I get bonus points for that one? (Don't look at me like that. A girl can dream, you know.)
All kidding aside, you have to have an account to contribute in any way to the XBMC project, and each member of our group registered in the forum community before we began looking at the bug tracker.


6.6 and 6.7:
I could not do these two exercises because my VirtualBox screwed up somehow. Lovely. Just lovely. Thank the Lord I remember how to install it.


**NOTE: Something's wrong with the Blogger tonight, so I had to highlight the bulk of this post in black so I could read it.  If it changes back to normal later, I will fix this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment